NNA BBS software is a DOS application which will run
on any PC with a 80486 or better processor. It runs on top of G8BPQ's (or G8PZT's
Xrouter in DesQview) node software, and will support up to 16 concurrent users, plus
local console port. The software offers all the usual facilities
that we have come to expect from Packet Radio BBS,s plus a number
of unique features, including.
Bulk compressed message
- Up to 10 messages are
offered at a time (only BIDs/MIDs are offered to cut down
air time) and those messages which need to be forwarded
are compressed TOGETHER before being transmitted. This
offers greater message compression ratios than the
traditional system where each message is compressed
individualy. If the link fails during transfer, the
receiving BBS will decode those message which have
arrived. The older FBB single message compression method
is also fully supported.
- Has the ability to be
operated remotely over a hard wire link using the
supplied CONSOLE program. CONSOLE mimics the main BBS in
Multiple list and read
- Message list and read arguments can be combined
in order to give you greater control over what you see.
For example, you can list all the messages sent at WWW
from G1NNA with the words BBS in the subject by typing L@
WWW < G1NNA !BBS. Up to 20 arguments can be used and
in any order.
UNPROTO message broadcast.
- Compatible with all Major
NPF/SALLY file transfer
- G8NPF's PMS software,
NPFPMS and SALLY, introduced new binary and compressed
binary file transfers. These are supported by NNA BBS
software plus YAPPC and ASII file transfers.
Multiple terminal sessions.
- Up to 16 terninal or chat
sessions may be used by the local SysOp at any time.
Other features include:-
- Three password and BBS
verification options, all options can be in use at the
same time. BBS verification is built in between two NNA
BBS. Passwords for all three systems can be created by
the BBS software.
- Servers can be run from the
- All the main BBS
housekeeping takes place whilst the BBS is running.
- The sending and replying to
messages takes the SysOp into the full text editor where
all the editor commands are available.
- Support for EMS - BIDS and message headers (Actived
and old) can be stored in EMS memory. This eliminates the
need for file type indexes so avoids troublesome
corrupted index files.
- Command recall included fror console - Uses up-arrow
- Very easy to include or remove message to or from
- Very easy to switch all or part of out standing
messages waiting for forwarding from one BBS to another.
- All file transfer methods supported in terminal
- TX and RX monitoring can be switched on and off
for each radio port.
- Three types of message filtering possible - By
word in text, To/From and word in Subject.
- Allows filters to be run on connection, message
creation and file transfer.
- User developed programs are allowed. (several
example programs are supplied)
Back to NNA Home page.